Regina King and Regina Hall are two of the most talented actresses working in Hollywood today.
So, it’s no surprise that both will be on hand for the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Regina King will receive the Chairman’s Award on Jan. 3, a few hours after she discusses her latest film, “If Beale Street Could Talk,” during an event where fans can watch a film and then hear the actors talk about it.
Regina Hall will be here on Jan. 5, where she, too, will be participating in a Talking Pictures screening of her latest movie, “Support the Girls.”
But how well do you know your Reginas? Here is a quick quiz to test your knowledge and help you learn a little bit more about the two actresses. The answer to each question is either King or Hall. How many can you get?
Know your Reginas
1. This Regina got her start as a teen actress on the 1980s sitcom “227.”
2. This Regina hit the mainstream playing Cuba Gooding’s wife in the hit film “Jerry Maguire.”
3. This Regina starred in the “Scary Movie” films and, as a testament to her youthful look, played a high schooler despite being in her 30s throughout the four films.
4. This Regina is the older of the two Reginas by just 34 days and the taller of the two Reginas by just one inch.
5. This Regina was in the critically acclaimed film “Boyz n The Hood.”
6. This Regina had a recurring role in the popular TV show “Ally McBeal.”
7. This Regina went to USC.
8. This Regina has a Master’s degree in journalism.
9. This Regina (according to her Wikipedia page) unsuccessfully tried to become at nun at age 40.
10. This Regina took home an award for her most recent work at the 2018 New York Film Critics Circle Awards.
10. Hall AND King – Hall received the best-actress award from the New York Film Critics for her role in “Support the Girls” and King won the best supporting-actress award for her role in “If Beale Street Could Talk.” We’ll see if Oscar comes calling for either Regina this year.